Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our computer has been in and out of the computer hospital the last few weeks, and therefore I have no pictures to share. But I thought I'd give a little update on what we are doing and will be doing! 

Corie will be 4 yrs old on Sept 17!  She is turning into quite the big kid, and growing into a sweet young lady (when we can leave the attitude behind that is).  She is a wonderful big sister, she and Evie play very well together right now and fights are usually born out of misunderstanding on Evie's part.  She loves to play pretend with anything she can find, even crayons and cars turn into princesses, princes and fairies!  She also loves to read with us, and make up her own stories (mostly about fairies and princesses) in notebooks. 


I am thinking of starting a preschool homeschool program, just to give me an outline of things for her to do during the day since we still have 2 yrs until kindergarden.  Asking questions seems to be her lot in life, and she knows how to use them.  She knows Mommy is a sucker for answering, so when I say that there is no talking for a while (in the car or at the dinner table mostly) she will sneak in innocent out of the blue questions, just to get me talking again.


Evie is almost 20 months old, and is becoming a fun and challenging toddler!  She is speaking more and more (but more than likely will need mommy, daddy or Corie to translate to others) and is actually very good at following directions.  Even when she is angry, asking her to do a "chore" (throw the trash away, put your toy in on the shelf, etc. ) will get her distracted because she feels like a big girl when she helps.  My favorite right now is if she spills her drink she will run and get a dish towel out of the drawer and wipe up every  single little drop, sometimes I don't even know about it and find a towel wadded back in the drawer smelling slightly of sour milk :) 


She also figured out how to climb out of her crib, but has not proven to be very good at it.  So she has moved to the trundle with Corie.  That has been a challenge, but hopefully it will settle down soon.  She is a big hugger and loves to give kisses, she also loves to tackle "Sissy" and wrestle with Daddy.  She loves shoes and it is not unusual to find upwards of 10 pairs of shoes scattered around the house at the end of the day (including some of mine she sneaks out of my closet).
 

New Baby will be here no later than Sept 21!  I am ready to meet her! I have not got the house ready, although nesting was in high gear this last weekend, I only scratched the surface.  I'll get it done though, with Matt's help I'm hoping to be ready by the 11th (Corie's birthday party) so the last week is not crazy! 


Still working on a name, but we are getting closer to nailing one down. I have a feeling we won't REALLY decided until she is born.  I think Matt and I both work better under pressure... either that or we are both major procrastinators.  I guess it's a little of both. 


I know this is a long one, but sometimes I need help remembering these short phases in life! Hope some of it is fun to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment