Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Naming a New Human Being...

...has not been easy for me and my husband this time around. Before, it was a battle of wills... who's favorite name will win in the in end (Mommy - 1, Daddy - 1). But we have come to an impasse. Neither of us has a favorite to fight for, we have a list of names that are possibilities at most.

Actually, that is not completely true. I do have a name that is my favorite, but I know (as my husband is fond of exasperatingly reminding me) it is impossible. The name is Stella. Those of you that know how we pronounce our last name can immediately see the problem. Although the it looks like "Mars-taller", we actually say "Mar-steller." So poor little Stella Marsteller can never be.

I'm very glad that we decided to find out what sex this baby is this time too. Otherwise I would probably be all smug about my perfect little boy name and assume that I would not have to stress about another girl name. When we first found out it was a little girl I had fun day dreams of Corie and I calling her by her name when Corie talked to my tummy and helped pick out fun things for "so-and-so." Bah, now Corie is more convinced than ever that her name will be Stars, because we have nothing to contradict her with!!

I'm trying not to put too much pressure on the name game, and just let one begin to feel like it fits. I'm almost willing to say yes if Matt ever decides he has a favorite, almost...

4 comments:

  1. I'm all for Stars. A kid with a name like that is destined for greatness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sparing little Stella...LOL! We too are very glad we found out the sex...oh wait did I tell you? It's a boy! We need to pull out the family trees again to find a name that we like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the names you pick out for your girls. What about Nora? That is one of my favorite girl names. Or Anna? I think I have a thing for old fashioned sounding girl names.

    ReplyDelete